My 2020 Goals and Habits to Reach Them
This post contains affiliate links which are unmarked ads and we'll earn a commission if you shop through them. This is an easy way to support creators, as it allows us to keep creating awesome content and is no additional cost to you!
2020. A new decade. A new year. A Time to start fresh.
I am bad at following through on my goals. I can't even remember what my 2019 goals were. So this year I decided on a different approach.
In late December I got the opportunity to take a goal setting workshop from my friend Amanda, who runs a consulting business that helps entrepreneurs build their business and still get to focus on what they are passionate about. She offered a new way to set goals and build habits to support those goals. Anyway it was awesome, lit a fire under my ass and if you want to chat with her about your goals and getting clear on your business you can visit her website here https://www.amandamarie.biz/
Ok so now on to my goals: I'm going to start with three of my personal goals, I have more but some are just too personal, you know?
1. Goal: Do tasks without procrastinating.
- Habit: Practice the 5 minute rule. If it takes less than 5 minutes to complete, DO. IT. NOW.
- Habit: Empty the dishwasher on my turn immediately.
- Habit: If I REALLY don't want to do something then use the 5 second rule; count to 5 and get up and do it.
2. Goal: Reduce my plastic waste.
- Habit: Carry a reusable bottle, cutlery, Starbucks cup, etc. with me at all times.
- Habit: Wash reusables as soon as I can so they are ready to go again.
- Habit: Ask for no plastic cutlery, straws, etc. in take out and at Fast Food Places I must go in to eat and bring my reusables.
3. Goal: Stop being scared of exercise, find something I like doing and make it part of my routine.
- Habit: Do one physical activity per week for at least 15 mins.
- Habit: Swim at least once per month, and put the aquafit schedule in my phone calendar.
- Habit: Try one online workout class per month and write a blog post about it.
I think these are all achievable especially if I can work the habits I've listed into my daily routine. Now let's talk money and business.
1. Goal: Make more than $20,000 this year.
- Habit: Regularly (weekly) track my income and business expenses.
- Habit: Pitch brands I want to work with for paid partnerships, or website upgrades weekly.
- Habit: Do bi-weekly shop updates on Rebellious Clove and once monthly shop updates on The Casual Planner with new products.
2. Goal: Save $1000 this year.
- Habit: Put $5/week in my TFSA and don't take it out, no matter what.
- Habit: Use KOHO account as "spending money" account for round up features and automatic savings contributions. (Side Note if you are Canadian and interested in KOHO you can use my referral link to sign up and we both get a bonus. Not Sponsored I just like it.)
- Habit: Use savings tracker and reward myself at $100, $200, $500, $750, $1000.
3. Goal: Grow all sides of "Danielle Inc." by at least double.
- Habit: Do one thing each week to have Rebellious Clove set up for wholesale by March.
- Habit: Post once per week on both Youtube channels.
- Habit: Spend five hours per week on building an online course to launch in June.
As you can see a lot of these tasks have deadlines, or are meant to be permanent habits that I build into my life. I want to make this into a regular series, and every quarter do a check in on where I'm at.